🔴 Website 👉 https://u-s-news.com/
Telegram 👉 https://t.me/usnewscom_channel
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has a losing record in court against President Trump.
And it appears she wants to battle the President again.
Last week, Willis, in a court filing, contested President Trump and his co-defendants’ request to be reimbursed $17 million in legal fees in the dismissed 2023 election interference case.
However, Willis has an uphill battle because Georgia state law says the DA’s office is on the hook for the money.
CBS News provided further context on Willis’s legal move:
Fani Willis is asking a Fulton County judge to dismiss nearly $17 million in attorney fee claims filed by defendants in the dismissed 2023 election interference case, arguing that the law they are relying on is unconstitutional, vague, and being misapplied.
In a brief filed Tuesday in Fulton County Superior Court, Willis moved to intervene in proceedings tied to a 2025 state law that allows defendants to seek reimbursement of legal fees if a prosecutor is disqualified for “improper conduct” and the case is later dismissed.
Willis argues the defendants are not eligible for reimbursement because her disqualification stemmed from the “appearance of impropriety,” not a finding of actual improper conduct.
Under a strict reading of the statute, she contends, the law applies only when a prosecutor is removed for proven misconduct, not for the mere appearance of it.
Her filing cites years of Georgia appellate precedent that distinguishes between “actual impropriety” and the “appearance of impropriety,” arguing that the legislature was aware of this distinction when it passed the law in May 2025.
Clay Fuller breaks it down:
Fani Willis abused her power as Fulton County DA to launch a witch hunt against President Trump.
Now, she doesn’t want to pay President Trump back the $17M in legal fees she owes, claiming it’d wipe out her budget.
When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. pic.twitter.com/JDTCd6JdB5
— Clay Fuller (@Clay4MainStreet) February 12, 2026
The Georgia Recorder reported in September of last year that the Georgia Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal from Willis’ case against Trump:
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis remains disqualified from prosecuting President Donald Trump’s election interference case after the Georgia Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal over her removal.
The 4-3 decision issued Tuesday means the state’s highest court will not review the Georgia Court of Appeals’ December ruling that disqualified Willis from prosecuting the case involving Trump and his remaining co-defendants due to a “significant appearance of impropriety,” which stemmed from a romantic relationship she had with a special prosecutor she hired, Nathan Wade.
That decision had tossed aside the trial court’s ruling last spring that there was no “actual conflict of interest” on Willis’ part, but had noted a “financial cloud of impropriety and potential untruthfulness” related to the testimony of certain witnesses. That ruling had allowed Willis to stay on the case after Wade resigned.
A Fulton County grand jury indicted Trump and 18 of his allies in August 2023, charging them with illegally conspiring to overturn the 2020 election results after Trump narrowly lost in Georgia. It’s now the last criminal case against Trump still pending.
Justice Andrew Pinson, who wrote the concurring opinion, said Willis’ appeal was too narrowly focused for the Georgia Supreme Court.
It’s interesting that Willis now cares about taxpayers’ money but had no problem burning it in her witch hunt against Trump.
What are your feelings?
