KNOWLEDGE is POWER / REAL NEWS is KEY
New York: Monday, June 17, 2024
© 2024 U-S-NEWS.COM
Online Readers: 300
New York: Monday, June 17, 2024
Online: 307
Join our "Free Speech Social Platform ONGO247.COM" Click Here
Gossip & Rumors: Snubbed Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Not Invited

GOSSIP & RUMORS: Snubbed Meghan Markle, Prince Harry not invited to King Charles’ Trooping the Colour

🔴 Website 👉 https://u-s-news.com/
Telegram 👉 https://t.me/usnewscom_channel


It’s a royal snub. 

For the second time, Prince Harry, 39, and Meghan Markle, 42, have been excluded from King Charles’ Trooping the Colour.

On Tuesday, People confirmed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not invited to this year’s annual celebration of the British monarch’s birthday. The event is set for June 15 in London. 

This is the second time the couple has been snubbed, as they were also not invited last year, which was the inaugural year that Trooping the Colour happened during King Charles’ reign. 

Harry and Meghan are reportedly not invited. REUTERS
The event celebrates the monarch’s birthday. Getty Images
King Charles III and Queen Camilla during Trooping the Colour 2023. Getty Images

Harry and Meghan, who currently live in California, stepped back from official royal duties in 2020. 

In 2018, after their royal wedding at Windsor Castle, the couple attended the event together. 

They also attended Trooping the Colour in 2019. 

In 2022, the Sussexes went to the UK, and attended a special version of the event that overlapped with Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations for her 70 years on the throne.

But that was the first year that they didn’t join the royal family on the Buckingham Palace balcony as they did in previous years. The couple watched the celebrations from a room above Horse Guards Parade, with other nonworking royals.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been excluded. AP

Earlier in May, Harry returned to London to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Invictus Games.

Later that day, the exiled royal’s reps confirmed to The Post that Harry would not be meeting with his estranged father in London due to the king’s “full” schedule. He last visited Charles in February for a reported 45 minutes after the monarchy revealed his cancer diagnosis.

The Sussexes also allegedly angered the rest of the royal family over their Nigeria trip earlier in May. Sources within the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office told the Daily Mail that Harry and Meghan were “visiting Nigeria in a private capacity” and that the UK government was not involved in “arranging or facilitating” their activities.  

Nevertheless, it had all the markings of a traditional royal tour. 

Harry & Meghan are officially snubbed. REUTERS

Author and royal expert Tom Quinn told the Mirror that the couple’s trip “confirmed the worst fears” of Harry’s family, and made Prince William and King Charles “absolutely furious.”

“Everything you might expect from an official royal visit was there — the receptions, the visits to schools and charities, to wounded soldiers and the disabled,” he said. “Charles is said to be angrier than anyone has ever seen him.”

He added, “Meghan and Harry’s speeches and their whole attitude has been designed to give the impression that they are still fully paid-up royals,” said Quinn, adding that William and King Charles “don’t like that one bit.” 

The Post has reached out to the Sussexes’ rep for comment.



Source link

OnGo247
New 100% Free
Social Platform
ONGO247.COM
Give it a spin!
Sign Up Today
OnGo247
New 100% Free
Social Platform
ONGO247.COM
Give it a spin!
Sign Up Today